October is National Bullying Prevention Month and at TLCA Abilene we are shining a light October 18-22nd. We have activities planned all week long to educate our students on the harmful effects of Bullying, and to synergize together to create a culture of kindness! On Wednesday, we’ll celebrate “Unity Day” by wearing the color orange to school.
WEEK LONG ACTIVITIES:
- Monday: Sign the Anti-Bullying Contract
- Tuesday: Make a NEW friend day
- Wednesday: "Unity Day" & wear orange to show unity
- Thursday: Make a card to encourage someone today!
- Friday: Design a Bullying Awareness poster for the school contest
We encourage you to check out https://www.pacer.org/bullying/nbpm/unity-day.asp and talk with your student at home about how they can show unity for kindness, acceptance, and inclusion.
We stand together that NO child should ever experience bullying.
As a reminder, the Texas Leadership Public Schools has partnered with “Stop !t,” an app that empowers students with a way to safely and anonymously report anything of concern to the school. Click HERE to learn more.